Psychology Career Highlights:
Academic and Employment:
- PhD University of London: Assessment and Treatment of Alcohol Dependence
- 10 Years as Associate Professor, University of London, researching addictions, specifically the measurement and treatment of dependence. Written 35 scientific papers and articles. Editing of British Journal of Addiction, Addictive Behaviors. Educator in clinical psychology at the Universities of London and Oxford.
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist, St Andrews Hospital, Northampton. Consultant to a general acute psychiatric ward, Eating Disorders and Addiction units.
- Clinical Director, Hilton Head Health Institute, a leading residential wellness program.
- Psychological Advisor to Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), an international weight loss support group.
- Independence, Missouri School District. One of the first studies using the qEEG (a measure of brain function) to assess troubled elementary school children.
- World Health Organization (WHO). Part of a team establishing the scientific criteria of dependence.
- National Institute of Alcohol and Alcohol Abuse (NIAAA). Part of team involved in the assessment of academic research centers.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield North Carolina. Consultant and co-creator of the Million Step March, a statewide wellness campaign.
- Inspiring Wellness. Consultant and creator of a community wide wellness initiative.
- Diettv.com. Consultant and content creator.
- British Broadcasting Company (BBC). Consultant to a show about addiction.
Professional Self-help, Science and Creative Writing:
- StepWise Press. President of this small publishing company. The marketing arm got Dr. Rankin nationwide coverage for his books. Featured on CNN, ‘The View” and ABC’s ’20/20.’
- Inspired to Lose published by Stepwise was an Amazon.com bestseller. Reached #5 in the Mind, Body, Spirit titles.
- The TOPS Way to Weight Loss published by Hay House.
- Weight Loss Interviews
Collaborative and Ghostwritten works:
- Finding Happiness with Todd Patkin. A finalist in the Indie book awards, self-help category.
- The Million Calorie March with Gary Marino. Consultant and talking head expert in this movie that won a Freddie, a ‘medical Oscar’ in the diet and nutrition category.
- Tales from the Boardroom with Drew Tanzman
- Barefoot, Bloodied and Bruised: The Story of Louisiana Six-man Football with Coach Barrett Murphy.
- Triumphant Warrior Wayne Moore.
- The Selfish Divorce Greg Anderson
- Headstrong Performance Marcel Daane
- Charity: The Gifts of Giving Garret Biss
- The DART Principle Marc Killian
The Selfish Marriage Greg Anderson
- Weight Loss Interviews Howard Rankin
Other books soon to be released:
- Blossom: Confessions of a Child of War
- End Overwhelm Now
- In God’s Waiting Room
- The Stars of Wellness
- The Leader’s Reader
- Avoid Alzheimer’s
- Love, Marriage and other Disasters
- Upshift Your Life
- Breaking the Press: The Amazing Story of the All-American Redheads
- The Future of Senior Care
- Looking for God in Syria
Other works include: The 7 Steps to Wellness, 10 Steps to a Great Relationship, Power Talk: the Art of Effective Communication, The 5 Keys to Behavior Change, The Choice is Yours, The Science of You and The Seven Mental Challenges of Golf.
In addition to books I also have also created content for papers and articles.